Saturday 2 June 2012

curse of the neck brace

Living With Plastic.....



"After a few days, you will hardly notice its even there"......I can still remember the doctors voice in my head when he spat this lie at me. 

Ok,  so first up it will be uncomfortable but i will get used to it right? Well not really. After waking up in pain a fair bit this week, i decided to go in to RNSH and get my power ranger get-up a 'reworking'


The little asian man, (there seem to be a lot of little asians lately) Derek who works in the orthotics department at RNSH was fuckin amazed at how loose my neck brae had become in just under 2 weeks.

So basically the loose neck-brace  was giving my neck too much movement, thus causing the pain. Real rocket science there


So after i finally am getting used to my neck brace and how loose it is, i get it re-tightened and changed, and all of a sudden its like a whole new brace. Way tighter than it ever was before and it REALLY limits my movements now. So much so that i literally can not turn my head at all.

I love to socialize with friends and go out every so often, but this fucking lack of neck movement is proving to be way more of a downer than  i ever expected.  I feel left out and slow.

AND I AM A PEACOCK MAN! YOU GOTTA LET ME FLY!!!



I really really really really really really really really want to have a shower. I  do not like sponge bathing myself.



This was a lame and unfunny blog i know. But i thought i would just be real with you, and just let you know what this thing is like. So my plan is this...........




WHEN MY NECK BRACE COMES OFF, I AM GOING TO HAVE A PARTY AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO GET DRUNK AND HAVE SHOWERS!! (ok well we wont have showers, but i am keen if your keen ;) haha)



gooooobye now


-scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment