Tuesday 19 June 2012

the new tattoo

Did you know that it's a scientific fact. that every single person in the world will have a tattoo at some point in their life? True thing.


What are the two coolest things a person can do in their life? If you said become a dolphin trainer and get a tattoo, then your correct.



When making a big decision in life such as what tattoo to get, it is very important that you give it lots of thought. You must remember that this ink cannot be rubbed off. It is there to stay.....


My first tattoo ever was done spare of the moment by my mate, in his house. A sun and a moon on my arse cheeks. And then the words "someones name" written above it. Yes, not a very smart tattoo. But hey, at least I can tell people the sun shines out of my ass, or I will moon and sun you at the same time.  So maybe 10 minutes to decide on what ass-tat to get was not such a good idea after all.


All good, my next tattoo will have some depth and meaning to it. Most importantly it will be planned. And naturally that moment finally came, when Andy said at the pub "hahaha let's get 'Jet Life' tattooed on us tomorrow" And of course I gave the most mature, responsible reply of "fuck yes".


WHEN SELECTING TATTOO'S IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT GO TOO OVERBOARD FOR YOUR FIRST ONE.





But I am short of money at the moment and unable to work, what a stupid idea.. NO, not a problem, a short 'feature' later on the pokies and i had my tattoo money in hand. I honestly did not think the whole plan was going to go ahead, it was my believe that Andy wanted to get a sleeve done, but i received the call in the morning that it was indeed going ahead as planned. (not really planned, more just said)


You know a tattoo is going to be good when you wake up on the morning, and you have literally no idea as to how the tattoo is even going to look/where your going to place it.  So I was collected by Sam, Andy, Damo and Will this morning and off to Manly Tattoo we went.


The plan (not really a plan) was for all of us to get the tattoo on the same part of our body. Just below our pelvis seemed fair. By the time we got to Manly Ink, I still had no idea what my soon-to-be-tattoo even looked like. But who cares, its just a tattoo right?


So after Damo and Sam decided against their better judgement to not go ahead with the tattoo, it seemed that myself, Andy and Will were the three to join the 'Jet-Life crew'. Andy has one small tattoo already and this was Will's first. No better way to start the habit with a tattoo that has not been planned and absolutely no meaning at all.....Come to think of it, maybe Will didn't even want this tattoo? Too bad bro.


So I finally saw the design on an iphone screen about 10 minutes before they started, and gave it the once over."yeah sweet as, lets do it" Will went up first, myself second and Andy went last.


Two things about this tattoo: Firstly it was a bit bigger than i had pictured in my mind, and secondly, I cannot physically even look down to see it. My neck brace really limits my neck movement for some reason. So the only way for me to actually see my tattoo is by standing in front of a mirror and gazing down.



The tattoo itself was rather painful when it was being done, sensitive area and all that, but it's a good kind of pain. When the artist was doing it, she asked me "So what does it mean?" HAHAHAHA ummmmm I played it cool and just said "Oh yeah its just like cause we're all friends and wanted to get the same thing" So in her mind she heard "this tattoo means fuck-all"



But for those of you who know anything about tattoo after care, one of the most important things you should avoid? Yup, of course it had to be taking baths. So now, not only do i have to bath with my awkward neck brace on but i now also have to avoid getting my pelvis wet. This is going to be interesting and difficult. Draw me a diagram of how I am supposed to do this?



                              YEAH, THATS IT!! PRETTY COOL HUH?



So yeah, now i have the words 'jet-life' tattoo'd on my skin forever.But at least I know two of my mates have the exact same thing. We're in this together. All I have to do now is think up a cool meaning I can tell people. Let me know if you have any good ones.


*for the record, i regret NOTHING. And if you want to get the same tattoo, then you too can join the jet-life crew. Respect to Will and Andy for going through with it. Damo........you're next.



JET LIFE!!








-scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment