Sunday 3 June 2012

when sympathy becomes an insult

There I Was, Planet Earth 2012.......


(AT A PLACE WHERE YOU EAT)


So ever since i got this totally awsome, super fashionable neck brace installed (cause i always wanted one) i have received all sorts of sympathy from all sorts of people.


I have no problem with getting sympathy from people, but i am starting to see a trend... At one point people, your sympathy turns into a blatant fucking insult!


To be honest i find this more common with strangers who don't know me rather than friends. I think that people think that because i am in a neck brace, that i am not the sharpest tool in the shead?

Take my most recent example for umm example: The other night i went to dinner with some friends in Willoughby (the hood). Nice little joint, terrible food. But lets not worry about that. I am not writing restaurant reviews just yet.....although there is an idea.

So as we are all seated around the table, the owner comes over with menus. A stern-faced woman, she walks around the table dropping menus. Then as she spots me her face lights up. She hands me the menu and says "Ohhhh you poor thing, we must look after you heheHA (was not funny lady)" I can actually cut my own food...

"Thats cool" i think. Sympathy. After we have a look on the terrible menu, we decide to order our terrible food. She comes back and starts taking our orders. And as she gets to me, he voice lowers and her words slow down "And     how     ABOUT    you      darling?" She is speaking to me as though i am cross eyed and dribbling on the table cloth. 'Yeah i will take one of your hideous pizzas thanks love, by the way, i am not retarded"..............is what i would have liked to say. But i ordered with a big smile of course.


                          
                                         How i see my self (white version though)








                                          How this woman saw me





And then the big one, she looks at me as though i am in need of a big hug and turns to the others at the table and says "What did he do to himself?"


WHAT THE FUCK??


Because i am not rude in real life, i turned the attention back to me and said in clear, proper english; "I damaged my neck whilst engaging in a sporting activity" I am right here,  these are my friends, not my carers, i am not slow, special, or what ever you would like to think....and believe it or not, you can address me when talking to me (well about me actually).



Throughout the night i was getting nice warm looks as though i were a small child and needed to be taken care of. Lovely woman i guess, clearly an idiot though. I should have kept dropping my knife and fork for affect. Play 'how many times can the owner pick up my cutlery'


Ok, so when you ever come across a person in a neck brace, believe or not but it does not make them deaf,blind,slow or socially retarded, it means they have an injured neck. DAMN. Although you can buy me a present. Not opposed to that at all. Preferably expensive.



Any how jokes on her, she has a terrible restaurant, and i will NOT be going back. Why? Because she treated me like i had come from a mental hospital? NO. Because her food was terrible and the decor was below par. For future reference lady, tell us before you put the basket of super dry ethnic breads on the table, that they taste like wallpaper. Which is ironic, because the wallpaper in this joint also sucked, and the bread may have made for a more suitable substitute.



Any ideas on how to keep passing tim, please don't hesitate to let me know via email or facebook. xx




bye bye now





-scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment